Our Membership Year is from 1st March to 28th/29th February. You will receive the Society's quarterly journal Hertfordshire People in four editions: Summer, Autumn, Winter & Spring. The Spring journal is the final journal of the membership year. Those joining during the year will receive back copies of the journal for the current membership year if still in stock. Overseas members will receive the journal by airmail.
Subscription rates from 2014
The subscription rate is based on the manner in which the Society's journal is delivered. The lower rate is for those who wish the Journal to be delivered by email in digital format. The higher rate is for those who prefer the journal in printed form. Whatever is preferred, the journal delivery method will commence with the June journal.
|Subscription Type||Digital Journal||Printed Journal|
|U.K. Single Subscription||£9||£13|
|U.K. Family Subscription||£10||£14|
Due to high bank charges we regret we are unable to accept membership fees in foreign currency. Please remit in British Pounds.
The Society's Journal in digital format
Many members will prefer the journal in printed format as it is now. However, the Journal will be made available in digital format as an Adobe PDF file for those who request it when renewing their subscriptions. For those having the journal in digital format, the subscription rate will be discounted. There is no obligation to receive the journal in digital format.
Most overseas members are now receiving the journal in digital format already.
Adobe Reader has many options for printing out all or part of the journal for those who do not print using the metric A4 size that the journal is designed for. Adobe Reader will normally fit to the page size described within the printer's properties. If in doubt, choose "Print" and click on "Size" to see a variety of options.
An example of the Journal in digital format: an extract from the September 2013 journal is provided here.
Options for paying annual subscriptions
For New Members
1. Use the membership and gift aid form provided in .PDF format for printing out and posting to the Membership Secretary. Download the form here.
2. For Overseas Members who prefer to pay by credit or bank card, there are facilities provided by family history site GENfair. Use the link to this site here.
For Membership Subscription Renewals
Please pay by the 1st March each year. A renewal form is enclosed with the Winter edition of Hertfordshire People. Your membership number is on the label accompanying the posting or included in your email address if receiving the journal in digital form..
1. Using the renewal form, fill it in and bring to a Society meeting together with cash or a cheque in British pounds and hand to the Membership Secretary or deputy.
2. Using the renewal form, fill it in and enclose a cheque in British pounds and send by mail to the Membership Secretary. Or you can use the subscription renewal form here
3. Pay your renewal subscription by way of Internet Banking. Details of how to do this are provided in a .PDF document here.
4. For Overseas members who prefer to pay by credit or bank card, there are facilities provided by family history site GENfair. Use the link to this site here.